Supports proprietary large cobol based financial application running in Hewlett Packard VMS environment. Application support stock transfer agency, employee and dividend reinvestment plan administration and all related services supplied to client companies.
• Work closely with business teams in the interpretation of business and system requirements and the development of technical solutions to meet these needs
• Development of technical design documentation
• Development and documentation of unit and system test plans
• Develop and build programs primarily in Cobol and also in proprietary programming languages that the senior developer will be trained in
• Provide production support for the application which includes investigation into reported problems and debuggind and fixing programs as needed with all required task documentation inclusive of unit and regression test plans
• Ensure programs are developed and optimized for performance
• Work with other team members on large projects involving multiple developers
• Provides on-call support on a rotating basis for problems which occur out of working hours including support to other CTS locations when required.
• Develop programming estimates and schedules
• Work and communicate with other technical teams on integrated system solutions spanning various project teams
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of five years knowledge and experience in the Cobol
• Strong programming and debugging skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on documentation of design and unit testing plans and testing results
• Experience in VMS environment highly desired but not required